Registration is now open to all suppliers interested in participating in Round 2021 of the Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. In order to bid in Round 2021, you are required to have a CMS Enterprise Portal user account in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Enterprise Portal and have access added to the online DMEPOS Bidding System, DBidS, and Connexion, the program’s secure portal.
If you are a supplier interested in bidding, register now!
- Ensure your enrollment information reflected in the Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) is up to date and correct. When creating an account for the CMS Enterprise Portal, the following information provided by the authorized official (AO) and backup authorized official(s) (BAO(s)) must match exactly with PECOS enrollment records.
• Last name of the person registering
• Social Security number
• Date of birth
If you already have a CMS Enterprise Portal user ID and password, please make sure your information above matches PECOS, and your email address is correct and remains active throughout bidding and bid evaluation. Critical information will be communicated to you using this email address.
- Determine the Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) or billing number you will use to access DBidS and Connexion. You must enter this same PTAN to access DBidS and Connexion. When selecting your PTAN for registration purposes, it’s important to note that the legal business name (LBN) on your company’s bid surety bond(s) must be the same as the LBN associated with the PTAN you use to register for DBidS and Connexion. This LBN will auto-populate in the Business Organization Information section of Form A in DBidS.
- Designate one AO listed on your organization’s CMS-855S enrollment application to act as your AO for registration purposes. AOs must register first and must approve other users’ requests to access DBidS and Connexion. Bidders are prohibited from sharing user IDs and passwords.
It is important to note that all users with CMS Enterprise Portal accounts must request both DBidS and Connexion access and add their roles, regardless of whether the user previously had access to either of these systems.
Now that registration is open, you should:
- Log into the CMS Enterprise Portal with your user ID and password.
- Request access to DBidS and Connexion.
- Select the same role (AO, BAO, or end user (EU)) for both DBidS and Connexion.
- Enter the same company information and PTAN for both DBidS and Connexion. The company LBN and PTAN must be valid in PECOS.
Further instructions, including the Registration Reference Guide for DBidS and Connexion, are available on the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) website.
Attend the Webcast Series
May 14, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. EDT - Bid Surety Bond and Lead Item Pricing (Now available on demand)
May 21, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. EDT - Preparing and Submitting Financial Documents (Now available on demand)
June 11, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. EDT - Registering and Submitting a Bid - Part 1
July 23, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. EDT - Registering and Submitting a Bid - Part 2
Registration for the webcasts can be completed by clicking the session names above. Once a live webcast has been presented, an on demand version will be made available which can be viewed through the session’s corresponding registration link. Resources such as slides and other handouts will be available during both the live and on demand sessions.
The CBIC is the official information source for bidders and bidder education. CMS cautions bidders about potential inaccurate information concerning the Competitive Bidding Program posted on websites other than the CBIC website. Bidders that rely on this information in the preparation or submission of their bids could be at risk of submitting a non-compliant bid. Visit the CBIC website for valuable resources and tools and to subscribe to Email Updates.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call the CBIC customer service center at 877-577-5331. During the registration and bid windows, the customer service center will be open between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Hours are extended to 9 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time during the last two weeks of both the registration and bid windows.