REMINDER: A preliminary review of your bid(s) has been conducted and a secure notification of the results has been posted to your DBidS status page. Access to this notification is available in DBidS through Friday, June 12, 2015.
To access the notification,
The notification indicates whether your:
- bid(s) was satisfactorily completed, certified, and approved in DBidS.
- hardcopy document package was received timely.
- location(s) on your bid(s) met the enrollment requirements outlined in the Request for Bids (RFB) instructions.
- bid will continue to be evaluated for a contract offer.
The notification will inform you if a location(s) is eligible for further review. If the location(s) is not eligible, the notification will specify which enrollment requirement(s) was not met by the close of bidding, March 26, 2015.2 You will then have the opportunity to verify with the applicable organization that the requirement(s) was met by the close of bidding. You must verify the unmet requirement(s) by Friday, June 12, 2015. If you are notified that your location(s) met all the enrollment requirements, you will not need to take any further action. Refer to the Preliminary Bid Evaluation fact sheet for more information.
IMPORTANT: If you receive a notice stating that all enrollment requirements were met, this process does not guarantee that the applicable bid(s) will be eligible for a contract offer. Your bids may still be disqualified if, during the bid evaluation process, CMS finds that any of the bidding requirements in the RFB were not met. All bids are considered final once bidding closes and cannot be amended or changed.
NOTE: This preliminary review does not include a review of your financial documents, which is a separate review and notification process. This preliminary review is also separate from the Covered Document Review process. Please see the Covered Document Review Date fact sheet for more information on the covered document review process.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the CBIC customer service center at 877-577-5331 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
1 Individuals Authorized Access to the CMS Computer Services (IACS) Passwords are set to expire every sixty (60) days. In the event your password has expired, you will be prompted to change your password. IACS User IDs and passwords are disabled after sixty (60) days if not used. If your account has been disabled, please contact the CBIC customer service center for assistance.
2 Each location on your bid will be validated with the Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) data to determine if the PTAN is:
- Active (not inactive or revoked)
- Accredited to furnish items in the product category
- Licensed by the state to provide items in the product category
- Not commonly owned or commonly controlled by another supplier bidding in the same product category and competitive bidding area. For more information, please read the Common Ownership and Common Control fact sheet